It has been fascinating to see, that technologies are evolving which we never thought, would be like this. So many things are being invented every second. Technologies such as, “Artificial Intelligence”, “Progressive Web Apps”, “Augmented Reality”, “Virtual Reality”, “Machine Learning”, “Internet of Things”, “Big Data Analytics”, & so on. How do I learn those? In this article, I would like to present some of the ways to enrich your knowledge and keep yourself up-to-date with the latest technologies at a very minimal cost.
Step 1: Keep yourself tagged with YouTube Videos
Plenty of Videos are piled up in YouTube and it is never stopped. There are so many amazing authors who post the series of videos in niche technologies. So it would help yourselves to keep up-to-date if you are subscribed & tap the alarm!, so that when they post new videos you will get a notification.
Step 2: Udemy, Coursera, Udacity, Lynda, Pluralsight & so on.
We are in Online world, yes every industry is now online and education is not an exception. Online LMS(Learning Management System) brings your tutor to your home. Yes, all you need is a device with reasonable audio and video quality. Many free courses are available, just enroll & you can study in your leisure time.
- So many courses are available for just 10$, sometimes lesser than that. But would recommend going over the feedback/reviews before you purchase any course. Most importantly just see whether the course content is up-to-date. That’s OK to spend 10$ for your knowledge upgrade, sometimes it is worth a million when you are at job risk.
Step 3: I am very good at listening to tutorials/videos/courses, but I could never implement an application why?
- Most of us would deal with this situation, but there is no other option. Yes, you have to practice, face an error, and find the solutions only then you can be a real programmer. Just copy-pasting the code from google/materials, will never make you bright. So face it and fix it! I would recommend writing a blog(www.blogger.com) about your learning, this will ensure that you are practicing before you throw the words to the world. Second, it would help you to recap after some point in time.
Step 4: Review “Android Play Store” or “App Store” for technology apps.
- “Appy Geek”, “Inshorts”, “Beebom” & so many apps are available in Store, which will help you to keep yourself up-to-date on Tech News(I personally used these, please add in the “Comments” section if there are any which you feel good).
Step 5: Keep Google Search at your fingertips!!!
- Nevertheless, it is very important to google. Terabytes of information are being floated every millisecond & we need to stand with that.
Step 6: Use Stack-Overflow & Quora
- If you are stuck while you practice, no worries you are not the only one who would have faced that error. So just find the errors in Google, certainly, you will get a solution in “StackOverflow or Quora”. These are two knowledge-sharing fora, which have plenty of documents in every technology. So before you post any query, just do enough research, it will nail down your problems.
Step 7: Join GitHub or BitBucket
- If you are new to Github / bitbucket this link will help you to understand these two.
- You must have a git-hub or bitbucket repository, which will help you to work from anywhere in the world quite easily.
Step 8: Practice!
- We can learn so many things, but only when you apply in real time it will show you how good you are at it. So practice, practice, practice.. Keep practicing, until you are good at training somebody.
After you do all these steps, and if you still want some mentor/coach to guide you personally, then opt for the one!
Note: All the information presented above is from my personal experience. If there are things, which you feel should have been included, then feel free to add those in the comments sections. I will update that accordingly!..